Thursday, June 15, 2006

Clay Retreat Last Weekend

Had a great time in Podunk Egypt last weekend. Here is a pic of the crib we rented:

It was awesome, needless to say, and we hung out and did spiritual looking stuff, like have Bible studies and heard sermons. It's sort of funny when you're cracking jokes with someone and five minutes later, he's preaching a sermon from his lawn chair right in front of you, but that was the format, and, as usual, I wasn't in charge.

There wasn't much going on around our cabin, but it didn't matter. Between eating, talking, playing games and enjoying sermons, there wasn't much time for anything else, like art. I brought my new set of oil paints, intending to try my hand at a medium I've been scared to try for years, but the opportunity never came. Instead, we went around the room drawing M&M's from a cup and telling stories based on their colors.

Funny, if you look around at other blogs, many people are blogging now, suddenly, after long hiatuses (hiati? No, that would be too close to Haiti), long periods of not writing. I guess it's time to chime in for everybody.

1 Comments:

At 2:47 PM, Blogger Medio Pomelo said...

Awesome weekend break. I wish I could see more of the countryside though, from the first pic it looks like my kind of place...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home