Saturday, July 08, 2006

Dead Author Photos

Dear Leah,

I'm beginning a collection of my favorite authors, or famous ones who aren't necessarily my favorites, in funny or odd positions.

Can you guess who this is?


None other than Pygmalian scribe, George Bernard Shaw. I did a monologue in high school from that play. I was 'Enry 'Iggins, and said something like "the angels will weap for you!" to RaeAnn, a chick I knew from all the way back in kindygarden, who always sort of looked cute and became a cute, teenaged, rocking smoker. RaeAnn played Eloiza Dooli'lle. When it was over, I got much the usual response, but I'll never forget my costar. She was dark and had big brown sad eyes and tiny patterns of black hair coursing all over her skin.

I'd keep writing, but Shaw's buttcrack has turned into a vortex of creativity.

4 Comments:

At 3:24 PM, Blogger Jason said...

I read your blogs too, Martha.

 
At 3:31 PM, Blogger Jason said...

I mean Steve.

 
At 3:34 PM, Blogger Steve Sheppard said...

I thought you were Jason, signing as Martha, in a spell of wierdness, to which you are prone.

 
At 10:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hee hee. You are fantastic. Keep writing! I'll keep reading. And looking at awkward author pictures.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home