Sunday, July 23, 2006

life survey (I'll finish the other post later)

Copy and place an X by all the things you've done, or remove the X from the ones you have not, and send it to all of your friends (including me). This is for your entire life.

(x...) Smoked a cigarette
(xxx) Drank so much you threw up
( ) Crashed a friend's car
( ) Stolen a car
(xxxxxx) Been in love
(xxxxxx) Been dumped
(xxxxxxxxxx) Shoplifted candy
(xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) Been laid off/fired
(x) been in a fist fight
(xxxxxxx) Snuck out of your parent's house
(x) Had feelings for someone who didn't have them back (one x, because I never asked most of them, so you never know)
( ) Been arrested
( ) Gone on a blind date
(x) Lied to a friend (I must have, don't remember though)
(MMXXX) Skipped school (I wonder how it must have sounded to all those people "Sheppard. Sheppard. Sheppard. Sheppard...")
(xx) Seen someone die (seen people get hurt so bad they probably died, but didn't witness the actual dying)
(x, eh) Been to Canada (Canoed there, got out and walked around just to say we'd been. Boundary Waters, MN)
(XX's) Been to Mexico (Again, don't remember, but some think I was born there and was smuggled out)
(x) Been on a plane (see above)
( ) Been lost (told to get lost? xxxxxxx)
(x) Been on the opposite side of the country (been on every side of it)
(x) Gone to Washington, DC (Easy to get lost on them streets - although, if you see above, I've never been lost)
(xxxxx) Swam in the ocean (Both)
(gas-ex) Felt like dying
(xxoo) Cried yourself to sleep (over a girl)
( ) Played cops and robbers (Has anyone ever played this?)
(x) Recently colored with crayons (colored pencils)
(x) Sang karaoke? (Always - Anyone game?)
(x) Paid for a meal with only coins (wouldn't call it a meal, but tortillas are free at Chevy's)
(x) Done something you told yourself you wouldn't (Ordered the large)
(x) Made prank phone calls
(x) Laughed until some kind of beverage came out of your nose (My friend Jason had a Cup-O-Noodles noodle come out of his nose)
(x) Caught a snowflake on your tongue
( ) Danced in the rain (Nope, missed Woodstock by a few years)
( ) Written a letter to Santa Claus
(xyz) Been kissed under the mistletoe (can't remember, but it must have happened once)
( ) Watched the sun rise with someone you care about (if they cared about you, why did they wake you up?)
(x) Blown bubbles (hell yea, man!)
(x) Made a bonfire on the beach (too many times)
(x) Crashed a party (Haven't we all?)

Any nicknames? (ummmm. Sure.)
any piercing?? (pierced my ear once, mom wouldn't let me in the house with the earring on.)
How much do you love your job? (What's my job?)
What day is it? (Sunday, amen)
Current home? (I live out of my car - haha)
FAVORITE VACATION SPOT: (San Fran, Tahoe)
Ever been to Africa? (Does Suffolk count?)
Ever steal any traffic signs? (Stole an a-frame caution light and used it to pull cars over. Weed does strange things to the 16 year-old mind)
Ever been in a car accident? (A couple)
2 Door or 4 Door? (2 door both times)
Salad dressing? (Salad's bad for you)
Favorite pie? (blackberry, of course - call it a blood thing)
Favorite number? ("5," Speed Racer's number. What kind of name was that anyway? "Speed-Racer" - it's so 2nd language, like #1 Super Great Chinese!!! Hahahahaha.)
FAVORITE HOLIDAY? (Christmas)
Favorite food? (Indian)
Favorite day of the week? (I like Friday, maself)
FavoriteToothpaste? (Tom's All Natural. Hey, what if the whole dental industry was lying to us, and plaque was actually good for your teeth, like a protective layer? I'll get my people right on that one)
Favorite smell? (Spring rain, curry, cut grass, this shirt I found in my suitcase once and realized it was my cousin's girlfriend's but it smelled like WOMAN and I loved it, women.)
What do you do to relax? (sleep; public baths - okay I did once, but they were springs, and coed, and not gay)
A Message to your friends reading this? (Hey y'all, weather's great, be back in a month or so)
How do you see yourself in 10 years? (Thin, married, then fat again - haha)
What do you enjoy receiving? (letters written in big, bubbly girl-hand; Compliments on my writing, actually that one should be first; invitations to exclusive things, that should be first, then compliments, then letters. Money. Wait. Make money second, after compliments, then letters, then invitations.)
Furthest place you will send this message? (you never know with these computer contraptions)
Who will respond the fastest? (I'm putting it on my blog, so the three people who read it will probably respond.)
Least likely to respond? (Everyone else)

2 Comments:

At 4:55 AM, Blogger Medio Pomelo said...

Dear Steve Sheppard,
I just wondered if you'd mind me putting your name on my profile as my favourite writer because I just realised "Love in the Times of Cholera" was a piece of amateur scribble if I compare it to your writing.
As it happens, my Dad is head of the Literature Noble Prize Committee and he agreed you should be at the ceremonies next year if your busy schedule allows you. After a bit of daughterly bribing he also agreed you should be nominated and sent a cheque for $250.000 immediately. The winner gets an additional $2.000.000.
I shall post the cheque straight away together with your hand written invitation to the ceremony and the dinner party that follows where you will be seated between Toni Morrison and myself.

RSVP
Kind Regards, DK

 
At 11:20 AM, Blogger Steve Sheppard said...

We'll just need that invitation in bubbly girl-hand, please. Thanks, see you at Heathrow.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home