Tuesday, September 05, 2006

A Sad Day...

Steve Irwin 1962-2006
My friend, whom I never met, died yesterday by rare stingray attack. Steve Irwin, aka, The Crocodile Hunter, took a deadly stab from an otherwise docile stingray yesterday while filming underwater.

“If ever he was going to go, we always said it was going to be the ocean. On land, he was agile, quick-thinking, quick-moving, and the ocean puts another element there that you have no control over," says friend and manager John Stainton.


Unrelated:
Watched DAVID HOROWITZ on C-Span last night (in Portland, he would only be on at 2AM) giving a speech at Duke University. His is a book I need to pick up. Amazing 2 hours - the only other conservative I have seen take on a whole auditorium of liberal students was William F. Buckley.

1 Comments:

At 3:28 AM, Blogger Medio Pomelo said...

its a very sad tragedy but what saddens me even more is the number of smart arse bloggers who talk rubbish like "i knew it would be coming, he was using sensationalism for his financial benefits and deserved to die..."

what do you think? I think its outragous and stupid beyond belief.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home